General Winery Etiquette:
At Mount Pleasant, we pride ourselves on the serene atmosphere we offer our customers. Mount Pleasant is a family-friendly environment where you can enjoy the views of the Missouri river valley, historic campus and enjoy live music, great food and wine.
Tasting Room Etiquette:
- White wines are tasted first, followed by red wines, and then dessert wines. Within these categories, lighter-bodied wines precede fuller-bodied ones.
- Taste each wine carefully and savor each sip; never chug or gulp the wine. Respect each wine you taste and give it a chance.
- We offer a sheet of tasting notes. Read the tasting notes as you sip. Do you notice any of the aromas or flavors listed in the notes?
- It is okay to skip any of the wines on the tasting list. It is okay to let our wine-tasting specialists know what you are interested in trying, whether it is only certain varietals of wine or all white wines. We do want our patrons to try a variety of our wines, so we do only allow two tastes of the same wine.
- Correct wine etiquette does not require you to finish your glass. Empty the unwanted wine into the dump bucket provided for this purpose.
- Some people feel guilty if they don’t buy at least one bottle of wine. Never feel you must purchase any wine. Buy the wine if you like it.
- Please refrain from climbing on or touching the statues
- No outside food or beverage may be brought it
- Only ADA registered service dogs (no emotional support animals) are allowed on the campus
- You must be 21 years of age or older to be served alcohol and may be requested to show an ID for verification
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any intoxicated or unruly guests